Saturday 14 January 2012

Tour De Nerdfighting 2012


What a week! I just got back yesterday from New York, and the highlight of the trip was Tour De Nerdfighting (which was my reason for going.) I don't really have any friends who are interested in the things I like, so it was amazing to be in a theatre full of people who not only love the Vlogbrothers, but also love Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Charlie McDonnell and so much more. While waiting for our books to be signed, there was a lot of singing and general merriment. 


While I thinking that normal books signings only feature a reading, questions and the actual signing, this tour also had shocking, singing, Rick Rolling, tutus and just so much awesomeness. 


After the actual 'show' there was a lot of waiting around, but luckily Maureen Johnson was there and I got her to sign my book and pose for a picture! If you don't know what she looks like, I'm the one in The Great Gatsby t-shirt. 


And then afterwards I got to get my books signed by John and Hank, who were so wonderful. John said he liked my shirt and I after talking to him I was so dazed that I couldn't think of a single thing to say to Hank. The book itself is amazing and I'd recommend it to everyone. While I'm suffering from post holiday exhaustion, I'll try to hurry with my review and posting some other book related photos from my trip. 

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! The tour isn't coming to Indianapolis (funny, since that's where he is from), but I've been lucky enough to see him speak a couple other times. I love the Gatsby shirt. I'm such of fan of everything Out of Print makes and I've had my eye on that one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...