Saturday, 31 December 2011
Happy New Year!
2011 was a good year for me, since I got a cat, read a lot of books and graduated from university. This year was also the only year I kept a New Year's Resolution! I wanted to read 50 books, which I definitely did. This year I'm going to have a few more goals, and hopefully I'll be just as good at achieving them as I was last year.
1. Read 50 books I want to read a bit less this year, so I'm going to start with 50 books. I'm likely going back to my old job in the summer, which will leave me with very little time for reading anyways.
2. Read more of the books I already own I'm not ambitious enough to say I should read all of them, but I definitely should read a good chunk. Some of these books were given to me, but I should definitely read all of the ones I bought myself.
3. Shop at more independent bookshops After I finish my Chapters gift certificates, I should start buying from independent shops more often.
4. Read more adult fiction It's funny because as a teen I really only read adult fiction. Now I'm 21 and I seem to be reading YA the majority of the time.
5. Write More I have so many empty journals. I definitely need to pick up a pencil more often.
I hope everyone has an awesome New Year's Eve and an even better 2012!