Sunday 4 September 2011

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.

This week's IMM from me is very boring, since I've only bought school books in the past week. Tuesday means back to school for me and I've slowly started to buy my text books. I usually take my time in buying them, and only buy them in advance for classes I'm 100% sure I won't switch out of. And then I can't actually read them for a while, since the profs may change their booklist. 


For my Contemporary Novel class I bought White Noise by Don Delilio, Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie, Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman by Angela Carter and Ali Smith and Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov. I still have a few more books to buy for that class. I love the cover for Infernal Desire Machines


For Modern British History, I bought Death, Dissection and the Destitute by Ruth Richardson and Perfect Summer: England 1911, Just Before the Storm by Juliet Nicolson. Death, Dissection and the Destitute doesn't exactly sound like fun.... 

2 comments:

  1. Boring may turn into interesting or exciting...only time will tell. Hope classes go well this year for you.

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Death, Dissection and the Destitute sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...