Saturday 30 July 2011

Happy Birthday Harry Potter!



When I was in high school I had a lot of friends who were also big Harry Potter fans. In one of our many discussions about the boy wizard, I found out that a large number of my friends loved Harry Potter the series but hated Harry Potter the character. Over the years, I've heard that opinion repeated and have never understood it. I am completely aware of Harry's faults but I love him all the same. He's brave, he's a natural leader, he's brilliant under pressure, he's modest and he's a hero. He's so loyal to his friends that he'd sacrifice himself for them. Yes, he's stubborn, impulsive and he has a bad temper. It would be unrealistic if he didn't have faults (and no one likes a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.) Overall, Harry's a good person, which is amazing when you think about how he was brought up and what he's been through. So, Happy Birthday to the Boy Who Lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...